Change of season, change of workout? The personal trainer of the moment is Dalton Wong, one of the world’s leading health, wellbeing & fitness experts, training various A-listers at TwentyTwo Training. Here are his top 4 workout moves for your legs – mix them into your normal routine to make it more interesting & optimising.
KNEE IN & OUT
- Take a semi-squat position with a mini-band placed around or above your knee.
- Keep tension on the mini-band with shoulders back, chest up and a slight hinge in the hips.
- Keepthe left leg still; bring the right knee in and then out for one minute.
- Keep the right leg still; bring the left knee in and then out for one minute.
TUBE WALKING: STRAIGHT LEGS
- Start with the mini-bands around your ankles with legs straight.
- Keep shoulders back, chest up, and arms out straight with the mini-band placed around your wrist with thumbs up.
- Side step to one side using your bum and landing with the outside of your foot, keeping both feet absolutely straight while controlling the other leg back to start position.
- Walk laterally to the left for one minute and then to the right for one minute.
DALTON’S TOP TIP The mini-band should remain tight at all times!
TUBE WALKING: BENT LEGS
- Start in the same position but in a semi-squat position, with hands placed on your hips. Remain in this position at all times while performing the exercise.
- Walk laterally to the left for one minute and then to the right for one minute. Perform the both TUBE WALKING moves in a circuit: either in 1 circuit (4 minutes) or 2 circuits (8 minutes)
DALTON’S TOP TIP When stepping to the side, make sure you land with the outside heel so you get the bum activated
TONING HIPS & BUM INTERMEDIATE DONKEY KICKS
- Start on all fours with your back straight and with one mini-band around the wrists and the other over both feet
- Slowly extend one leg making sure it’s in line with the body.
- Return to the start and repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs for another 30 seconds.